How do I care for my wool garment?
The golden rule is wash as seldom as possible and air frequently. We call this ‘wind-washing’, hang your garment out in the air and you will be amazed at how fresh it becomes. Never machine wash; they should be washed by hand using wool washing detergent and in cool water below 30 degrees Celsius. Gently squeeze excess water off, never wring, twist or rub. Always dry flat and never put in a tumble drier.
What do the different stitches of the Aran sweater mean?
There are many stitches that make up Irish sweaters. They were passed down from mother to daughter and from generation to generation. Each stitch has a symbol and meaning. The main stitches are as follows:
- Cable stitch: symbolises fisherman’s ropes and represents a wish for a fruitful day at sea.
- Zigzag stitch: represents the cliffs of the island, or the ups and downs of life.
- Diamond Stitch: Signifies the small farms throughout the island and some believe it represents wealth.
- Trellis stitch: Represents the stone walls of Ireland.
- Blackberry Stitch: Some believe that this has a link to religion.
- Moss stitch: This is the symbol of nature all around us
- Honeycomb stitch: This represents the hard working bee, signifying the hard work of the fisherman
Is my shipment subject to duty / customs?
If your delivery address is outside of the Republic of Ireland, you may be subject to import duties / taxes, which are levied by local agencies once a shipment reaches your country. You must meet any additional charges for customs clearance. Irish Crafts cannot be held responsible for these charges. If you wish to find out more information please contact your local Customs and Excise office. International shipments may be subject to cross-border inspections by customs authorities. This may cause a delay in delivery.
- USA: http://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases
- Canada: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/menu-eng.html
- Australia: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Impo/Buyi
- New Zealand: http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/internetshopping/Pages/default.aspx
I'm looking for something special can you help?
If you can't find what you're looking for or perhaps you have something you need to replace, or someone 'difficult' to buy for please get in touch - we offer a free personal shopping service by e-mail or phone.
Is it possible to add or amend an order I have placed?
If you need to add to, change or cancel your order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible & we'll do our best to help. We generally process orders within 12-24 hours, and once dispatched we will be unable to make any changes.
I'm not sure about which size to order, who can help?
if you're not sure it's always best to contact us, we can help with extra information about the fit of garments.
I'm not sure when I can contact you - I live in a different time-zone?
You can e-mail us anytime, we endeavor to get back to you within 24 hours (usually it's much quicker!) email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can telephone us, Monday - Saturday between 09.30 - 17.30 (+353 65 7075 836)
Where can I visit an Irish Crafts store?
We currently have just one store for you to visit. Its based in the scenic village of Doolin, Co. Clare. We highly recommend a visit to our area, there's so much on our door-step; it's gateway to the Burren & the Aran Islands, right next to the Cliffs of Moher and well we're biased but we fully believe Doolin is a must, the home of Traditional Irish Music right on the Wild Atlantic Way.
Please get in touch if you have any questions, queries or suggestions. A member of the team will respond within 24 hours (but usually much sooner!).
Alternatively you can call us on +353 (0)65 7075 836.
Or send us a good old-fashioned letter:
Irish Crafts, Doolin, Co. Clare, Ireland
We aim to please at Irish Crafts and as such we want to make returning items that didn't make you happy as easy as possible.
- We're happy to accept returns for up to 90 days after your purchase, (which means buying gifts in advance isn't an issue!)
- We are happy to accept returns of any item as long as it's unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging & have the labeling attached.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item & that we are processing your refund, a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 5 working days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, please contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
If you’ve done this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact Aiden; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discounted / 'On Sale' Items
Where an item was purchased at a discounted price, only the value paid for the item can be refunded, regardless of the current price.
We would be genuinely gutted that a customer has been sent damaged or defective goods & of course are happy to exchange them for you, please contact email@example.com to arrange an exchange.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Irish Crafts Online, Doolin, Co Clare, Ireland. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you are shipping any item(s) of value, you should consider using a traceable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We can’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Each one of Field Days candle tins has been named after a person connected to Alix, creator and owner of Field Day.
Alix had a neighbour growing up in rural Co Antrim called Kitty who had a great long washing line on her lawn, and you always knew it was washing day when swathes of bright white bed linen and night gowns were strung out along the line, billowing and dancing all day in the breeze.
A floral accord with citrus notes of lime and orange, with galbanum on a floral heart of jasmine, violet, lily and orange blossom. All on a base of soft woods, amber and musk.
Candle Size: 8cm x 6cm
Burning Time: 35 hours
The following are some tips to pro-long the life of your Field Day scented candle, and keep it smelling and looking wonderful!
1) Keep candle wick trimmed to 4mm. This will ensure a long and even burn.
2) If you notice the candle smoking with a large flame, it means the wick is too long. Extinguish the candle and trim the wick to 4mm. If you have a medium sized flame you will get more burn time out of the candle.
3) Sometimes the wick will have a little curl at the top, make sure this is removed as the flame will be large and will have a tendency to smoke.
4) Never leave a burning candle unattended
5) Keep out of reach of children and pets
6) Do not move candles when lit or if the wax is still liquid ? the glass jar will be hot!
7) Do not place candle on a surface that could be damaged by heat
8) Do not use the candle if the glass is chipped, or cracked.
Tip: When you have burned your candle down to the last 10mm, have you ever wondered how to remove the little bit of wax at the bottom of the container? The easiest way is to pop the container in the freezer and take it out after 30 mins approx and the wax will simply fall out. We have discovered the little bit of wax is nice to melt on an oil burner for even more fabulous fragrance!
Please Note - Bog Standard has recently rebranded to Field Day, as we still hold a small amount of Bog Standard stock some products ordered may be in this packaging. If you would like to know exactly what you will be receiving please do not hesitate to contact us directly.