Each one of Field Days candle tins has been named after a person connected to Alix, creator and owner of Field Day Ireland.
Growing up, Alix and her siblings spent their summers at a cottage in the Mourne Mountains. Surrounded by patchwork fields and lanes there was a beautiful old abandoned tumbledown farmhouse that had once belonged to Paddy. They spent many glorious summer afternoons exploring Paddy’s farm and the gorgeous meadow that lay adjacent to his house full of long grasses, butterflies and wildflowers.
Paddy's Meadow has a fresh, floral accord opening with notes of lush green cut stems, refreshed by accents of citrus cologne which glide onto a floral heart of lily, white jasmine, green violet and rose petals. All resting on a base of woods and amber.
Candle Size: 8cm x 6cm
Burning Time: 35 hours
The following are some tips to pro-long the life of your Field Day scented candle, and keep it smelling and looking wonderful!
1) Keep candle wick trimmed to 4mm. This will ensure a long and even burn.
2) If you notice the candle smoking with a large flame, it means the wick is too long. Extinguish the candle and trim the wick to 4mm. If you have a medium sized flame you will get more burn time out of the candle.
3) Sometimes the wick will have a little curl at the top, make sure this is removed as the flame will be large and will have a tendency to smoke.
4) Never leave a burning candle unattended
5) Keep out of reach of children and pets
6) Do not move candles when lit or if the wax is still liquid ? the glass jar will be hot!
7) Do not place candle on a surface that could be damaged by heat
8) Do not use the candle if the glass is chipped, or cracked.
Tip: When you have burned your candle down to the last 10mm, have you ever wondered how to remove the little bit of wax at the bottom of the container? The easiest way is to pop the container in the freezer and take it out after 30 mins approx and the wax will simply fall out. We have discovered the little bit of wax is nice to melt on an oil burner for even more fabulous fragrance!
Please Note - Bog Standard has recently rebranded to Field Day, as we still hold a small amount of Bog Standard stock some products ordered may be in this packaging. If you would like to know exactly what you will be receiving please do not hesitate to contact us directly.